Friday, May 27, 2016
Submit your candidacy for the Global BoD! Submissions are NOW being accepted! https://www.owasp.org/index.php/2016_Global_Board_of_Directors_Election#2016_Global_Board_of_Directors_Election
Monday, May 23, 2016
Wednesday, May 18, 2016
The OWASP Foundation has begun the process to improve the critical infrastructure and system platforms for the Global organization. The OWASP website, built on mediawiki, has become overloaded with content. We are looking at ways to improve the layout and navigation of the wiki.
We want your input and want you to provide some feedback on how you use the wiki and how you think it can be improved.
Please take 5 minutes and complete this short SURVEY!
Thursday, May 12, 2016
OWASP SAMM (Software Assurance Maturity Model) is an open framework to help organizations formulate and implement a strategy for software security that is tailored to the specific risks facing the organization. SAMM helps you:
- Evaluate an organization’s existing software security practices
- Build a balanced software security assurance program in well-defined iterations
- Demonstrate concrete improvements to a security assurance program
- Define and measure security-related activities throughout an organization
The much anticipated SAMM 1.1 was released in March 2016. Read the entire press release HERE.
Last month, contributors from 18 different cities in Belgium, France, Germany and the United States met in New York, NY for the second annual SAMM summit. The SAMM contributors, led by Seba Deleersnyder and Bart De Win reviewed the 1.1 release, outlined improvements for the in-process 1.2 release (expected release date - June 2016), and created the roadmap for SAMM 2.0 (expected release date - June 2017).
Are you ready to get involved? The SAMM team collaborates virtually every 2nd Wednesday of the month. Call details and minutes/agenda from previous calls can be found on the Community tab of the project webpage.
If you are unable to participate in the meetings, but still want to support SAMM, you can allocate a portion of your individual membership fees to the project or make a donation here.
Companies and other organizations who wish to support this project, please CONTACT US for additional information and options.
Tuesday, May 10, 2016
Dear OWASP Community,
We are pleased to announce that the 2016 Global BoD Call for Candidates is now OPEN! You may submit your candidacy here. There are 3 seats available for this election. For the complete election timeline, board
responsibilities, eligibility requirements, and other election details please refer to our 2016 Election page.
Some Key Updates & Improvements for this years election process:
- Similar to years past, we will announce all verified candidates once the Call for Candidates closes. This process generates more candidates and minimizes any "popularity contests". More candidates = more choices for you. Candidates that wish to announce their candidacy themselves MAY DO SO at any time.
- An email will be sent to the entire community prior to the paid membership deadline (Sept 30) asking them to check the Membership Directory to be sure they are listed as a current individual member. If individuals believe they are a current paid individual member, but their name does not appear in the Membership Directory, they will be asked to contact us immediately. Please feel free to check the directory now and contact me if you believe you should be listed as an Individual Member and are not.
- Unsubscribed emails to voting list - without an @owasp.org email address the voting system is unable to identify who has chosen to unsubscribe from receiving these emails which contain a link to the ballot. To be sure all registered voters receive their ballots, they will be sent an email from OWASP letting them know they should have received a ballot. If they did not receive a ballot, they will be asked to contact us immediately. Every time the voting system sends an email with the link to the ballot and email from OWASP will follow.
- An email will be released in addition to social media posts on August 10 that will include the candidates names, "why me", profile picture and bio.
Honorary Membership Update
- Honorary Membership is now open YEAR ROUND! Please refer to the Honorary Membership section on the election page for more detailed information.
We are looking forward to a successful election process. If you have any questions or if I can be of any assistance to you, please let me know.
Membership and Business Liaison