Welcome to the OWASP New Zealand for 2009, the first all day security conference dedicated to web application security in New Zealand.
The University of Auckland Business School
Owen G Glenn Building
Room: OGGB 260-073 (OGGB4)
Address: 12 Grafton Road
You are invited to attend to the OWASP Day conference at no charge (Free as in beer). However to ensure an orderly, well run event we require that all attendees register before the registration close off date (20th June 2009). At this time there will be no plan to allow "on the day registration", so register now to reserve your place.
The OWASP Days have always offered a forum for discussion and exchange of ideas among researchers and practitioners who present their experiences and discuss issues related to Web Application Security from a higher level to a technical point of view.
Conference topics include, but are not limited to:
- OWASP Project Presentation (i.e Tool Updates/Project Status etc)
- Threat modelling of web applications
- Privacy Concerns with Applications and Data Storage
- Vulnerability analysis of web applications (code review, pentest, static analysis, scanning)
- Baseline or Metrics for Application Security
- Countermeasures for web application vulnerabilities
- Web application security
- Platform or language (e.g. Java, .NET) security features that help secure web applications
- Secure application development
- How to use databases securely in web applications
- Security of Service Oriented Architectures
- Access control in web applications
- Web services security
- Browser security
Conference structure and schedule
OWASP New Zealand Day 2009 will be all day Conference. The conference aims to provide a workshop-like atmosphere in which contributions can be presented and then time is allowed for constructive discussion of their results and processes.
It will be structured in two parallel streams. During the conference two coffee breaks (one in the morning and one in the afternoon) and the lunch are in program. These might be offered by the sponsors.
The detailed agenda of the conference will be available on the web site before the event.