**OWASP APPSEC BRASIL 2009**
**CALL FOR TRAINING SESSIONS**
OWASP is currently soliciting training proposals for the OWASP AppSec Brazil 2009 Conference which will take place at Câmara dos Deputados (Deputy Chamber) in Brasília, DF, on October 27th through October 30th 2009. There will be training courses on October 27th and 28th followed by plenary sessions on the 29th and 30th with one single track per day. The conference will be organized and supported by the TI-Controle Community (www.ticontrole.gov.br) and the Deputy Chamber (www2.camara.gov.br/english).
We are seeking training proposals on the following topics (in no
- Application Threat Modeling
- Business Risks with Application Security
- Hands-on Source Code Review
- Metrics for Application Security
- OWASP Tools and Projects
- Privacy Concerns with Applications and Data Storage
- Secure Coding Practices (J2EE/.NET)
- Starting and Managing Secure Development Lifecycle Programs
- Technology specific presentations on security such as AJAX, XML, etc
- Web Application Security countermeasures
- Web Application Security Testing
- Web Services-, XML- and Application Security
- Anything else relating to OWASP and Application Security
Proposals on topics not listed above but related to the conference
(i.e. which are related to Application Security) may also be accepted.
There may be 1 or 2-day courses. The proposals must respect the
restrictions of the OWASP Speaker Agreement. The conference sponsors
will provide lodging and domestic (within Brazil) air travel for one
presenter per course, no other compensation is available. If you
require a different arrangement, please contact the conference
organization team at the email address bellow.
Submission deadline is July 11th 2009 at 11:59 PM (UTC/GMT -3).
Notification of acceptance is August 7th 2009.
Final version is due September 5th 2009.
To make a proposal, please fill the form
send it by email to appsec.brasil (at) camara.gov.br
For more information, please see the following web pages:
- Conference Website: https://www.owasp.org/index.php/AppSec_Brasil_2009
- FAQ: https://www.owasp.org/index.php/AppSec_Brasil_2009_-_FAQ
- OWASP Speaker Agreement: http://www.owasp.org/index.php/Speaker_Agreement
- TI-Controle: http://www.ticontrole.gov.br
- Deputy Chamber: http://www2.camara.gov.br/english
OWASP Operations Director
9175 Guilford Road
Columbia, MD 21046