The Global Connections Committee would like to share our goals with you around OWASP presentations at non-OWASP sponsored events. OWASP as an organization needs to get out in front of a larger audience and the only way to do that is to get out in front of a lot of people who have not been to an OWASP event - maybe even not have heard about OWASP previously.
Our goal for 2010 for OWASP presentations is to facilitate:
- 20 OWASP presentations to non OWASP groups.
- 10 OWASP presentations to student /university groups
- 10 OWASP presentations to companies with large internal development groups
- To make connections utilizing the foundation laid by the other Global Committees within the development, university and organizational communities.
- To publish success stories from chapters where they have proactively lined up OWASP speakers not only for their OWASP chapter but had that speaker present to a developer group, university or large company about OWASP topics.
Leaders- GCC needs your help.
As chapter leaders we'd like you to think about ways that you can get the OWASP story out to a wider audience.
- What are the active developer groups in your area? Ask to do an overview presentation to them.
- What are the University's with Information Technology degrees in your area? Get to know the professors and offer to come in and do a presentation to a class.
- Who are the companies with large development teams? Offer to give an overview of application security trends to their developers.
We'll build the tools you need to implement the GCC strategy, whether that's PowerPoint presentations, meeting announcements, fliers. Let us know what you need to be successful.
Global Connections Committee