The OWASP AppSec Research 2013 (https://appsec.eu), *the* web application security conference, will take place from 20-23 August (Tuesday -Friday) in Hamburg, Germany.
Register here: https://appsec.eu/
Here are the outlines of the agenda. The training will be on 20/21 August, the conference 22/23 August 2013.
Awesome trainings (https://appsec.eu/trainings/)
And last but not least: Trainers with outstanding international reputation!
Exciting Conference program highlights (appsec.eu/program/talk-
* David Ross (Microsoft): inventor of the XSS filter in IE8+
* Yvan Boily (Mozilla): Application Security Manager @ Mozilla talking about the new security testing framework Minion
* Nick Nikiforakis (University Leuven): Web fingerprinting and privacy
* Taras Ivashchenko (Yandex): Content Security Policy
* Chris Eng (Veracode): Real-World Agile SDLC
* Simon Bennetts (Mozilla/OWASP): What's new in OWASP Zed Attack Proxy
* Dave Wichers (Aspect/OWASP): OWASP Top 10 – 2013
* Jim Manico (WhiteHat/OWASP): Top 10 Proactive Controls
And last but not leat the HackPra AllStars track (https://appsec.eu/hackpra-
Wait, there's even more: The Opensource Showcase! (https://appsec.eu/program/
Ever wanted to chat with the developers of
* sqlmap Would you like to inject some SQL? The tool for serious pentests! (Miroslav Stampar)
* WebSensors Honeynetting the web with community collectors running mod_security! (Christian Bockermann)
* ThreadFix simplify the vulnerability management with an Open Source software vulnerability management platform (Dan Cornell)
* WS-Attacker Don’t know how to test web services? This is for you! Presented by renown security researchers Juraj Somorovsky, Christian Mainka
* OWASP O2 Platform: a paradigm for performing, documenting and distributing web application security reviews. (Dinis Cruz)
* OWASP Hackademic Challenges helps you test your knowledge on web application security. (Konstantinos Papapanagiotou)
* OWASP OWTF OWTF Summer Storm: A new tool for automated security assessment (Abraham Aranguren)
* Eccenctric Authentication / Make cryptography trivial by rearranging the tools (Guido Witmond)
Register now: https://appsec.eu/
This surely very exciting conference will take place in the surely most exciting and most beautiful city of Germany: Hamburg (https://appsec.eu/about-
OWASP is the foremost web app security organization in the world, with thousands of members globally, including some of the biggest names in the industry. The goals of OWASP are to make web applications safe and to educate users, developers, governments, and business leaders on how to protect vulnerable information and avoid dangerous hacks that can cost millions of Euros to fix.
More information you will find at https://appsec.eu. We are looking forward to you!
Your OWASP AppSec Research Team.
P.S.: Become an OWASP member now and save up to 60 € on the admission fee (https://www.owasp.org/index.
Special thanks go to our sponsors, who help making the conference possible:
Some places are left! In case of interest please send us a quick note to email@example.com
Platin Sponsor: Riverbed - http://www.riverbed.com/
Hewlett Packard – http://www.
Imperva – http://www.imperva.com/
Barracuda – https://www.barracuda.com/
SecureNet – http://www.securenet.de/
Checkmarx – http://www.checkmarx.com/
Acunetix – http://www.acunetix.com/
DenyAll - http://www.denyall.com/
Security Innovation - https://www.
Schutzwerk – http://www.schutzwerk.com/
Tele-Consulting – http://www.tele-consulting.
Trustwave – https://www.trustwave.com/
Microsoft - http://ww.microsoft.com
Ergon Informatik - www.ergon.ch