Grants & Fundraising Intern
The responsibilities and tasks of the Grants and Fundraising intern include but are not limited to:
- Managing communications from the OWASP Community including assisting with campaigns, donor/member solicitation/acknowledgements, and tracking contact information and conversations.
- Participate in grant writing initiatives, and facilitate OWASP Community contributions to our Grants Program.
- Managing the grants mailing list, and the Salesforce grant accounts.
- Ongoing maintenance and development of social networking presence in relation to grants, including Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, etc.
- Participation in staff meetings on planning, processes, and coordination.
- Administrative support as needed to the OWASP Projects Manager.
- Have 20 hours per week to dedicate to this internship opportunity.
- Be an undergraduate or graduate student studying public or non-profit management, and have a demonstrated interest in strategic organizational issues as well as software security.
- Have an entrepreneurial spirit and enjoy working in a highly autonomous environment.
- Be skilled at internet research, and be able to digest large amounts of information into clear points.
- Be a good communicator and team player.
- Be able to multi-task, be extremely organized and have a meticulous attention to detail.
- Have strong oral and written communication skills.
- Balance a desire to learn, take initiative, and suggest better practices with a willingness to take constructive feedback and guidance.
- Demonstrate personal computer skills, including basic troubleshooting.
- Have Word, Excel and PowerPoint experience, and have the willingness to learn other software tools.
- Demonstrated use and comfort navigating Web 2.0 sites and tools, including blogs, social networks, video and photo sharing, etc.
- Familiarity with Salesforce.com for Nonprofits is highly desirable.
Recruitment and Internship Timeline
- Application Deadline: Monday August 26 2013 5PM GMT
- Interviews Scheduled: First Week of September
- Selection Announcement: Monday, September 09th 2013
- Start Date: Monday, September 16th 2013
- Internship End Date: Monday, January 13th 2014
How to Apply
- A cover letter outlining your interest in the role, and why you are the best candidate for the internship.
- A copy of your resumé.
- In your e-mail, please be sure to note down what university/college program you are currently enrolled in.
The Open Web Application Security Project (OWASP) is a 501(c)(3) worldwide not-for-profit charitable organization focused on improving the security of software. Our mission is to make software security visible, so that individuals and organizations worldwide can make informed decisions about true software security risks. Everyone is free to participate in OWASP and all of our materials are available under a free and open software license.
For more information on this role, please contact the OWASP Projects Manager: Samantha.Groves@owasp.org.