OWASP encourages any community member interested in hosting an OWASP Global Conference to submit a propsal.
The dates of each OWASP Global AppSec conference(or Tour) vary somewhat each year but ideally the conference is held:
- Latin America (this may be a Latam Tour instead) - Q1
- Europe - Q2
- North America - Q3
- Asia Pacific (this may be an Asia Tour instead) - Q4
To bid foa a 2016 OWASP Global AppSec please complete the OCMS form with the following information before February 27th 2015.
2. The name of the intended local organizer and his/her team commited to the task for 2016 along with a brief explanation on why the conference committee wants to organize an OWASP Global AppSec.
3. Previous conferences or local/regional events experience of the conference committee.
4. The intended dates for the conference. (Typically includes 2 days of pre-conference training, followed by 2 days of conference talks).
5. Venue recommendations. If possible, assurance that the following will be available:
- A large auditorium. Other lecture rooms near the main auditorium.
- Projection facilities in all rooms up to modern standards.
- A suitable mixing space near the rooms for registration, breaks and other activities.
- A hall near the rooms for sponsor exhibitions.
- If possible, attach a tentative floor plan design.
6. Budget. Please use the form on google docs https://docs.google.com/
7. Possible "big name" speakers in AppSec who might be plenary speakers with low travel costs.
8. Description of the nearby restaurants and accommodation facilities easily accessible from the conference site and reasonably priced.
9. Anticipated help from volunteers before and at the conference.
10. Realistic prospects for obtaining sponsorship from outside bodies, e.g., companies, universities, scientific institutes, media, government, etc.
11. Accessible transport links to the venue.
12. Local tourist attractions, e.g., historic sites, museums, buildings, galleries, parks, etc.
13. Any other relevant information.
By submitting an application, you are already demonstrating your commitment to OWASP. We really appreciate every proposal we receive, however not every proposal will be approved. The selection process that will be made by the OWASP operations team with input from previous AppSec organizing teams. Please note that proposal completeness and accuracy are essential, moreover:
· Preference will be given to the community that demonstrates more engagement.
· Preference will be given to the team that has successful experience organizing local/regional events.
· Preference will be given to a location that has not recently hosted a Global AppSec conference.
· Geographic coverage will be considered when selecting conference sites.
Application submission begins January 1st, deadline for applications is February 27th. Applicants will be notified by March 13th. Selected sites will have until March 20th to confirm that they will host the 2016 conference.
Should you have any questions concerning the proposal process or need assistance with you application, please do not hesitate to contact me.
We are looking forward to your proposals.
Global Conference Manager