- Be sure to submit your request for an Honorary Membership. The deadline is June 30.
- The 2015 Summer Code Sprint is accepting applications through July 3. This is a great opportunity for a student to get hands on skills as an "intern" on an OWASP project.
- The WASPY Awards, recognizing unsung heroes of Web Application Security, is now seeking nominations through July 20.
- If you are looking for an even greater responsibility, consider running for a seat on the OWASP Global Board of Directors Election. There are 4 seats up for this election. The Call for Candidates is open through July 31. Have a question for the board candidates? We invite you to submit questions for candidates through July 31.
- FEATURE: Making Chapter Leadership Changes
- Recent Chapter Activity
- New OWASP.org Email Policy
- Open Hours on Slack
Developer conferences such as DEVOXX Maroc 2015 are great ways to get the OWASP message out beyond our community. If you have information about a developer conference that OWASP members should present at or partner with, let us know!
Bhopal, India: Leader, Akshay Sharma, akshay.sharma@owasp.
New Academic Supporters:
Universiti Tecknologi Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur
Academic Activities: Summer Code Sprint 2015
As part of our 2015 Summer Code Sprint, which just launched, I have completed an audit of the contacts at nearly 60 academic institutions that have been or currently are serving as Academic Supporters. We are reaching out to these institutions to help promote the visibility of application security in computer science curricula worldwide. If you know of a professor or teacher who might be interested in becoming an Academic Supporter, please forward a link to our application and program details.
If you know of any academic program or students who might be interested in teh Summer Code Sprint, please let them know about it. The deadline for Summer Code Sprint proposals is July 3. All students who complete the program will receive a grant of $1,500. Apply today!
TOOLS: OWASP-Community Open Hours on Slack
As you know, we have launched a Slack as a resource to discuss project and chapter activity. We recently added an owasp-community channel that will serve as a virtual Open Hours. I have selected Tuesdays from 10am-11am Eastern time as a weekly open hours slot. You can also suggest a time. Sign up at http://owasp.herokuapp.com.
The full agenda for speakers and lightning training sessions is now available for AppSecUSA to he held in San Francisco from September 22-25, 2015. View a recently released Highlights Video from last year's conference. We will also have a career fair and a fabulous dinner cruise on Thursday for all registered attendees. Register soon! http://www.appsecusa.org.
Plans are being made for a panel and workshop on Women in AppSec with a goal to introduce application security as a career option for women. For details, visit https://www.owasp.org/
Donation Scoreboard - Current Chapter Funding Amounts:
OWASP-Community Slack Channel:
Women in AppSec:
Chapter Leader Handbook:
Feel free to contact me at any time if you have a question or suggestion. To create a trackable case (Customer service request),please use the contact us form at http://www.tfaforms.com/