- FEATURE: Outgrowing Your Chapter Boundaries
- Upcoming Deadlines: WASPY's, Board Nominations/Candidate Questions
- Chapter Activity: New Chapters, Leader Transitions
- AppSecUSA: Chapter Leader Workshop and Women in AppSec
WASPY Awards - Deadline July 29 to Submit Your NominationsDo you know someone who does great things for OWASP, but never seems to receive the recognition they deserve? Why not nominate them for the WASPY awards!! The deadline to submit your nominees is July 29, 2015. To learn more about the award including a list of rules and how to submit your nominees, please visit https://www.owasp.org/index.php/WASPY_Awards_2015
2015 Global BoD Election - Deadline July 31 To Submit Your Candidacy Time is running out! Please consider running for one of the four seats that are available in this years election. More information can be found here. Submit your candidacy today!
Questions for the 2015 Board Candidates - Deadline July 31 To Submit Your QuestionsOWASP Board elections are coming up soon, and individuals have submitted their candidacy. In order to hear what our candidates think about OWASP priorities, please submit your questions that you would like asked of each candidate. The candidates will be asked the top 4-5 questions during their interviews. The full cycle of activities and schedule can be found here.
Remember, to vote for the WASPY Awards your membership (paid or honorary) must be on file with the foundation no later than July 26, 2015. To cast a vote in the 2015 Election, your membership (paid or honorary) must be on file with the foundation no later than Sept 30, 2015.
- Atlantic Canada: Leader, Scott Deveaux, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cagayan Valley, Philippines: Leader, Charmagne Cumigad, email@example.com
- Colorado Springs: Leader, Mike Forgione, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cotonou, Benin: Leader, Apollin Moyo, email@example.com
- Odessa, Ukraine: Leader, Vladimir Garbuz, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bhopal, India: Added Nandan Yadav, Nandan.Yadav@owasp.org
- Bristol, UK: Katy Anton and Sash Rigby, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Brooklyn: Added leaders Emily Wicki and Nicole Becher, email@example.com,firstname.lastname@example.org; Loren Davie is stepping down.
- Kolkata, India: Added leader Dibyendu Sikdar, email@example.com
- Iceland: New Leaders, Þröstur Spörri Jónasson, Sigmundur Jónsson, Thorlaug Agustsdóttir, Sverrir Davíðsson, Theodor Gíslason, throstur.sporri.jonasson@
owasp.org,firstname.lastname@example.org, thorlaug.agustsdottir@owasp. org, ,email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
- South Africa: Brett Russell is resigning as leader. We are seeking a new leader to form a local Johannesburg chapter.
- Kenya/Nairobi: the inactive Nairobi chapter will merge with Kenya. Kenya team is incorporating historical info on past Nairobi meetings on their page. Nairobi leaders have been invited to join Kenya leadership team.
- Masinde Muliro University of Science and Technology, Kenya
- De La Salle University, Philippines
- IIT Kanpur Student Chapter