You may submit your candidacy here. There are 4 seats available for this election. For the complete election timeline, board responsibilities, eligibility requirements, and other election details please visit our 2017 Election page.
Some key updates for this year's election process:
- Similar to years past, we will announce all verified candidates once the Call for Candidates closes. This process generates more candidates and minimizes any "popularity contests". More candidates = more choices for you! Candidates that wish to announce their candidacy themselves may do so at any time.
- An email will be sent to the entire community prior to the paid membership deadline (Sept. 30, 2017) asking them to check the Membership Directory to be sure they are listed as a current individual member. Individuals who believe they are a current paid individual member, but their name does not appear in the Membership Directory, will be asked to contact us immediately. Please feel free to check the directory now and contact me if you believe you should be listed as an Individual Member and are not.
- Unsubscribed emails to voting list - without an @owasp.org email address Simply Voting, our voting system, is unable to identify who has chosen to unsubscribe from receiving the emails which contain a unique link to each individual's ballot. To be sure all registered voters receive their ballots, OWASP will send an email notifying individuals that the email with their unique link to their ballot has been sent. If they did not receive their ballot, they will be asked to contact us immediately.
- An email will be released in addition to social media posts on August 7 that will include the candidates names, "why me", profile picture, and bio.
- Honorary Membership is open YEAR ROUND! Please refer to the Honorary Membership section on the election page for more detailed information.
We are looking forward to a successful election process. If you have any questions or if I can be of any assistance to you, please let me know.