- FUNDING: Let's Talk About Funding and Plan for 2016!
- PROJECTS: Announcing GSoC 2016, New Releases from OWASP ZSC, ESAPI, WebGoat 7, and a ZAP User Survey
- CHAPTERS: New Chapters, Leader Transitions, Meeting Ideas for 2016
- EVENTS: AppSec Europe and Other Upcoming Local and Regional Events
- RESOURCES: List of Resources in this Issue
Get ready to share the OWASP vision and spread application security awareness. This January the OWASP Board released $33,000 to 65 Chapters! This is an incredible opportunity for formerly underfunded chapters to plan for the coming year.
Join Community Manager Noreen Whysel and Projects Coordinator Claudia Aviles-Casanovas in an online discussion of Funding Ideas for 2016. We will be dialing in to GotoMeeting on February 12 and February 16. The call will be recorded if you are unable to attend. There will be two calls.
Fri, Feb 12, 2016 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM EST
Got an Idea for Google Summer of Code 2016?
Documents on Gitbook: https://www.gitbook.com/book/ali-razmjoo/owasp-zsc/
Issues: https://github.com/Ali-Razmjoo/OWASP-ZSC/issues Mailing List: https://lists.owasp.org/mailman/listinfo/owasp-zsc-tool-project
- The 'develop' branch has now been made the DEFAULT branch.
- The 'master' branch has now been made a PROTECTED branch.
- Burkina Faso: Michael Auras, leader (email@example.com)
- Aguascalientes, Mexico: Juan Gama and Aldo Salas, new leaders (firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com)
- Cluj, Romania: Lucian Suta and Cristian Serban, new leaders. Much appreciation owed to Lucian Corlan who founded the chapter last year and developed wonderful public programs on application security with local government.
- Kolkata, India: Jitendra Adhikari (Jitendra.Adhikari@owasp.org) and Tanmoy Khanra (Tanmoy.Khanra@owasp.org) join the leadership team with Krishnendu Paul. Dibyendu Sikdar is stepping down. Many thanks to Dibyendu for your service to OWASP Kolkata.
New Student Chapters
- Mumbai Student Chapter: President: Dhiraj Mishra, Treasurer: Vipin Pal, Faculty Advisor: Archana Bhide
Restarting an Inactive Chapter
Charlie Miller is a senior security engineer at Uber ATC, a hacker, and a gentleman. Back when he still had time to research, he was the first with a public remote exploit for both the iPhone and the G1 Android phone. He is a four-time winner of the CanSecWest Pwn2Own competition. He has authored three information security books and holds a PhD from the University of Notre Dame. He has hacked browsers, phones, cars, and batteries.
- Five parallel talks with focus on the OWASP core mission (Dev, Ops, Hack, CISO and Research);
- Keynotes from industry leaders;
- Exhibition spaces that offer innovative solutions for the needs of companies.
Global AppSec Events
- AppSec Europe 2016, 30 June - 1 July, 2016, Rome, Italy
- AppSec USA 2016, 11 October - 14 October 2016, Washington, DC
- Snow FROC 2016, February 18, 2016, Denver, CO
- Latam Tour 2016, April 7, 2016 - April 22, 2016, Latin America (multiple sites)
- AppSec ASIA 2016, May 19 2016 - May 22, 2016, Wuhan, China
- SC Congress London: February 10, 2016, ILEC Conference Centre London, UK. Register today for an exclusive OWASP Member discount of $125. Full Conference pass sells for $350 Use the discount code - OWASPMEM
- ONE2ONE SUMMIT, February 27 - February, 29, 2016, Parc 55 San Francisco, CA
- CISO Middle East Summit & Roundtable, February 29 - March 3, 2016, Habtoor Grand Hotel Dubai, The UAE. OWASP members save 20% by registering with your OWASP email address and discount code: OWASP2016
- Blackhat Asia 2016: March 31 - April 1, 2016, Marina Bay Sands Singapore
- Connected Security Expo, April 6 - April 8, 2016, Sans Expo Las Vegas, NV
- QuBit Conference, April 12 - April 14, 2016, Grandior Hotel Prague. OWASP members can save 10% by using their OWASP email address and discount code: OWASP*2016
- 13th Annual CISO Europe Summit & Roundtable 2016, May 10 - May 13, 2016, Copenhagen Marriott, Denmark. OWASP members save 20% by registering with your OWASP email address and discount code: OWASP2016
- ONE2ONE SUMMIT, May 23 - May 25, 2016, Hotel Monteleone, New Orleans, LA. OWASP members receive a $200/USD discount on Briefings with discount code: OWBR0316
- SC Congress Toronto: June 1, 2016 - June 2, 2016, Metro Convention Center Toronto, CN. Register today for an exclusive OWASP Member discount of $125. Full Conference pass sells for $350 Use the discount code - OWASPMEM
Google Summer of Code 2016 Ideas:
OWASP ZSC Tool:
ZAP User Questionnaire
Chapter Leader Handbook:
Donation Scoreboard - Current Chapter and Project Funding Allocations:
OWASP Conference Management System:
Community Manager Open Hours on Slack:
Join the #AsktheCM channel Tuesdays from 10am-Noon EDT.